In the context of the implementation of the state of health emergency in France because of the COVID-19 pandemic, access restrictions to France are in effect.
- Every Greek national and resident of Monaco is requested, since 8 April 2020, to fill out and carry a travel certificate for an international travel from abroad to mainland France. This document is here attached.
- From 25 May 2020, travelers are also requested to fill out and carry with them a statement certifying they do not have any symptoms of a COVID-19 infection. The statement is here attached.
The certificate and the statement are to be presented to transportation companies before boarding, as well as to border control authorities.
From 25 May 2020, the following sanitary measures will apply for international travelers upon arrival on the French territory :
- Travelers coming from the outside of the European space (all countries except European Union member states [except Spain], Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, Holy See), as well as travelers coming from the United Kingdom and from Spain (by air only), will be invited to carry out a 2-week quarantine at home, or in a dedicated location provided if needed, upon arrival in France.
- Travelers coming from the inside of the European space (European Union member states [except Spain], Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, Holy See), will not be subject to any sanitary measures if they show no symptoms of a COVID-19 infection.
There is temporary ban of entry to all non-EU citizens since 18/03/2020; the specific ban applies until 31/05/2020, as announced on 15/05/2020 by the Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority. Exemptions apply as per the Greek Government Gazette/B/916/17.03.2020. More specifically, exempted from the restriction are:
- Family members of EU citizens.
- Citizens of Schengen member states and their family members
- Healthcare professionals and health researchers designated to support the Hellenic National Healthcare System.
- Third country citizens who are long—term residents or long term visa holders of an EU or Schengen member state.
- Third country government members, diplomats, staff of international organisations, military personnel and humanitarian aid workers in the exercise of their duties.
- Passengers in transit
- Aircraft flight crew
- Non-EU or Non Schengen citizens travelling for imperative family or business reasons provided that the relevant authorization has been obtained by the Hellenic Consulate.
By order of the Government of the Hellenic Republic and until 31/05/2020, the following restrictions will apply upon entry into the Hellenic Republic to any individual-regardless of nationality: Passengers are required to remain in isolation for 14 days upon arrival, after having filled in a notification of contact information to the competent state authorities upon arrival to Athens. The relevant form will be distributed to passengers on behalf of the competent state authorities by their airline.
Download the form here